Lending automation software vendors like to say that their credit-decisioning process is intuitive and quick. Here at TurnKey Lender, we prefer to show it.
In this video, we’ll review the operations performed by the underwriter within TurnKey Lender on the decision-making stage of the loan application.
First, select the loan application you’d like to work on and assign it to yourself. Its details will be displayed on the right-hand side with the following tabs:
- The Summary tab contains the general information on the borrower’s current loan, previous loans, and the general information received from the credit bureau.
- Risk score. After the loan application has been submitted, the System automatically calculates the score and verifies a borrower’s data according to decision rules and displays the following determined parameters:
- The Risk levels
- The system decision based on the scoring results
- The odds of offering a loan (i.e. Good or Bad)
- The probability of default
The comments on the decision are displayed in the decision comments area inside the System.
In the “matched decision rules” field, if the borrower’s information matched at least 1 decision rule the results from processing borrower’s data under pre-defined decision rules are displayed.
- In the “Customer Rating” tab, the System uses available data to gauge if the borrower matches your optimal target audience profile.
- The “Customer Details” tab contains the borrower’s application data.
- Instantly get in touch with the borrower to clarify any details with the information provided in the “Contacts” tab.
- The “Documents” tab displays the loan agreement automatically attached to the loan application as well as any other documents the borrower or lender’s staff have added.
- The “Credit history” tab contains information about the loans the borrower may have previously had.
- The “Schedule” tab contains the automatically generated payment schedule that is comprised of the following information:
- When the payments are due
- The principal
- The interest
- And a borrower’s total payment amount for each installment
- If the System is integrated with a local credit bureau, then the “Credit Bureau” tab will show a complete report that has been automatically retrieved from the credit bureau.
- Any changes in the loan status can be checked in the “Workflow” tab.
Once the loan application has been processed, the underwriter can either reject, send for reprocessing or approve the loan by clicking the corresponding button at the top of the application.
If the approved loan is non-collateral, the application is submitted to the Loan Manager working in the “Servicing” workplace. If it’s a collateral loan, the application will be moved to a dedicated workplace where the Collateral Officer conducts further processing. The Servicing Officer will be able to disburse funds with a few clicks of a button from the “Servicing” workplace. Or you can set the System to automatically disburse approved loans.
That’s all there is to it! If you’d like to learn more about automating your lending process, get in touch to schedule a personalized TurnKey Lender demo. We look forward to helping you grow your business and get out loans to those who need them.